Boulter’s comprehensive custom crating and packaging shop services a variety of industries with equipment of all different shapes and sizes. At the request of a local machining company, Boulter was asked to prepare two large pieces of automation equipment for overseas transport. In preparation for this job, we participated in many pre-project meetings to discuss scheduling, material requirements, and necessary safety measures. After the planning phase, we utilized customized elements including shrinkable marine wrap, stretch wrap, and ISPM 15 certified wooden packaging materials to ensure the full environmental protection of these items.
To learn more about this project and any others, please contact us.
- Participated in meetings to discuss scheduling, materials, equipment requirements, and additional safety measures
Rigging & Breakdown Support
- Assisted with teardown, station and cell separations, pre-pack inventory, and staging
Crating & Packaging
- Secured the equipment to crating and skid bases by using fasteners such as nails, screws, lag bolts, carriage bolts, steel banding, and poly strapping
- Applied corrosion inhibitor, vacuum sealed barrier bags and implemented additional crating closures
Estimated Equipment Weight
- Machinery sections ranged from 5,000 to 8,000 pounds
Equipment Used for Installation
- 5-ton forklift with extended forks
- Boom extension
- Heat sealable barriers
- Portable scale
- Air compressor